The TomTom XL is a mid-range GPS device that offers many features for the price. However, if you are not careful, your warranty will be voided and you may have to pay even more money in order to get it repaired on your own. With these steps followed before contacting customer support, any user can update their devices easily.,
The “tomtom home” is a software that can be installed on your computer to update the latest version of TomTom XL. This software will allow you to get the latest updates for free.
Have you ever considered updating your TomTom XL?
At times, TomTom XL needs to be updated. These upgrades will keep your gadget up and running. TomTom GPS updates are sent on a regular basis. These software upgrades are critical for the app’s success.
It is strongly advised that all TomTom devices get the most recent GPS update. The XL devices come with pre-installed software and maps. However, the update is critical since it downloads the most recent maps on your device.
Users of TomTom may simply download free upgrades to their GPS devices.
To get the TomTom XL update, follow the steps below.
The TomTom Home Software, for starters.
The TomTom Home software serves as a platform for receiving updates, whether they are free or purchased. You may upgrade your software for a fee or for free with this app.
So, in order to obtain the newest TomTom XL Update for your device, you must have this program installed on your computer.
2. Here’s How to Update TomTom XL
- The first step is to open TomTom Home on your laptop or PC (if you don’t already have it, you’ll need to download and install it).
- With the assistance of a USB connection, connect your TomTom XL to your computer.
- The TomTom Home software will automatically identify your device.
- Then, using the correct credentials, log into your TomTom account.
- If you don’t already have one, create one.
- The home software will immediately enlist the available updates as soon as you log in to the device.
- Select “Update My Device” from the drop-down menu.
- By selecting “Link device,” you may connect your gadget to your computer.
- To update the device, choose “Update and install” from the drop-down menu.
- The installation procedure will begin, along with all map updates.
What to Keep in Mind When Updating Your Device:
1. Connect using an Ethernet cable:
One thing is certain: a wired connection is always quicker than one that is wireless. When opposed to wireless connections, wired connections provide greater reliability and consistency.
2. Time to Download:
If the TomTom XL update is taking longer than expected in compared to other devices, don’t worry; the download time is dependent on both the internet connection and the size of the update.
The size of the map updates file affects the download time.
If you are still having trouble downloading the TomTom XL Update, please contact our specialists, who are always willing to assist you. Our expertise and extensive understanding of GPS software sets us apart from the competition.
The “tomtom home software” is a free update that will allow you to use your TomTom XL with the latest features. The steps to get it are as follows: 1) Update your device to the latest firmware, 2) Get the new software from the TomTom website, 3) Install the software on your device and 4) Restart your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I update my TomTom XL for free?
A: The TomTom XL update is free to download, simply go on the tomtom website and click “Update your product”. This will take you through all of the steps necessary to download it for free.
How do I update my Tom Tom XL?
A: To update your TomTom XL, please insert the USB and turn it on.
Are TomTom map updates free?
A: No, all map updates are not free. Some maps, such as the United States and Canada, will cost you a small fee to update in order for it to be accurate with their current route guidelines. With others like Europe and Australia costing more since they have been updated less often.
- tomtom updates free download
- how to update old tomtom
- tomtom map update free crack
- tomtom home download
- mydrive connect